I am not a licensed therapist. If you are suffering from a major disorder and need treatment please seek the help of a professional. If you need help finding a mental health care provider call 1-800-662-HELP (4357) or visit BetterHelp to talk to a certified therapist online at an affordable price. You can download a free printable list of hotlines here and join the free mental health support group on Facebook here. This post contains affiliate links, you can read my full disclosure policy here.
Writing has always been one of the main tools I use to cope with my anxiety and depression. When there’s just too much garbage in my head or I just feel like shit I can usually sort it out by It can help you clear your thoughts and process your feelings. Take a crack at it and see if it makes you feel better. Here are some journal prompts for depression and anxiety to get you started.
Grab my free gratitude worksheet below
- Write about a difficult time in your life that you overcame
- Describe how you want your life to look in 5, 10 and 20 years
- What are the three things that scare you the most and why?
- Name five moments when you were extatically happy
- What are three things you can do to help your mental health?
- When times get tough I want to remember that _______
- My greatest qualities are ________
- 10 things I feel thankful for are __________
- Right now my greatest challenge is ________
- This week I am looking forware to these three things _________
- On a scale of 1-10 my mental health is at a _____ because
- If I could meet anyone in the world I would like to meet _____ becasue
- Describe a situation where everything worked out for you
- Who has been your biggest supporter? Write that person a thank you letter
- Today my victories were:
- What was your biggest learning moment this week?
- Write a thank you letter to your body
- If you could go anywhere in the world where would you go and why?
- Describe your biggest accomplishment and why it means so much to you
- No matter how terrible my day is these ten things can always make me feel better:
- The biggest lessons I’ve learned from anxiety are:
- If I didn’t have depression I would have never learned________________
- If I didn’t have any fear I would ________________
- What was your biggest failure and what did you learn from it?
- What do you wish most people knew about you and why?
- What was your most embarrassing moment and why?
- A fear I would like to overcome is ________. I can do these things to start overcoming it:
- If you could change anything about yourself what would it be and why?
- Describe your happiest and saddest childhood memories
- If I could have any career I would be a __________ because:
- What was the last thing that made you feel deeply frustrated?
- How do you want to be remembered?
- Describe a time when you had to make a really hard choice
- What would your life be like if you didn’t have (depression, anxiety, etc)?
- What is a trait that you admire most in others? In what ways do you see that trait in yourself
- Name ten things you can start doing to take care of yourself?
- What are your ten worst habbits and how do they impact your life?
- Describe a time when you sabotaged a good situation for yourself. Explore why you did that
- What would unconditional love look like for you? What would it feel like?
- If you had to pick one day to relive over and over for the rest of your life what would it be and why?
- Describe your perfect relationship
- How would you describe yourself to a stranger?
- What are your ten best talents?
- What was the best compliment you ever received?
- What is the most unique thing about you? Do you like to hide it or let it show?
- If you knew this was your last day on earth what would you do?
- Name ten songs that make you feel pumped
- If you could achieve anything in your lifetime what would it be?
- What friendship that you’ve had was the most meaningful?
I would love it if you join my internet family! Checkout Facebook/Twitter for informational articles and Instagram for inspirational quotes to keep you going. Follow me on SnapChat to see me get through the day to day grind (also videos of my cute pup!). I always try to follow you guys back.